Dr. Nabanita Sarmah
M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., PGDHE
Department of Education
Date of Joining: 17/02/2020
Area of Specialization: Abnormal Psychology, Educational Technology, Teaching Methods.
Academic achievements (Graduation onwards):
|Name of degree||Year of award||Name of the awarding authority|
|Other ………………………………..||PGDHE ( 2017)||IGNOU|
Teaching experience at UG/PG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Kaliabar College (PG Section)||6 Years||2014|
- Presented a paper on topic “E-learning-The Changing Phase of Learning, Anxiety and Uncertainty: A study in College Level of Education in Assam” in The International Virtual Conference “The New Normal”: Virtuality, Personal Branding and Humanities Education in the post –Covid Era” organized by the Division of social sciences and Languages, school of Advanced Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology, Channai, July 21st -23rd July, 2020 .
- Presented a paper on the topic “ Inclusive education for all in Assam: A Comparative study between Rural and Urban primary schools” in the International Webinar on Inclusive Education: Challenge to Covid-19 held on 9th-11th August,2020 organized by the Department of Education, Siddhinath Mahavidyalay, West Bengal, India.
- Presented a Paper on the topic “ New Education Policy 2020 and ICT as a tool of Knowledge Transformation in Indian Education System” in the virtually at International Conference on Advances in IOT, High Performance and Edge Computing 2020 (ICIHPE 2020) part of Global Technology Forum 2020 organzied by ICT Academy form 14th -18th Oct, 2020.
- Successfully completed two weeks Faculty Development Programme on “ Managing Online Classes and Co-Creating Moocs: 2.0” from 18th May -8th June, 2020 organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.
- Successfully completed online workshop on “Writing An Effective Research Paper” conducted by ICT Academy in Association with Biswanth College, Assam. On 24th June, 2020.
- Successfully completed seven days National online Workshop on “ Tool Development for Psychometric Assessment” organized by National Psychological Corporation, Agra, from 6th July to 12th July, 2020.
- Successfully completed three days Faculty Development Programme on “Digital Smart Teacher Course# 1” organized by Vidyasagar Academy, Akola from 10th to 12th June,2020.
- Participation in International Level Webinar on “Biodiversity Conservation and Covid-19” organized by Faculty of Science, Assam Downtown University on 30th July, 2020.
- Participation in National Level Webinar on “ National Education Policy 2020- A way forward to meet the challenges” organized by Department of Political Science, Periyar Maniammai Institute of Science and Technology, Tamil Nadu, 21.08.2020.
- Participating in the International Webinar on “Socio Economic Development and Ethnic Conflict: Narratives from North East India” organized by Institution’s Innovation Council, Biswanath College in collaboration with Assam College Librarians’ Association on 4th July, 2020.
- Participated in the three days webinar held on 9th, 10th & 11th August, 2020; organised by the Department of Education, Siddhinath Mahavidyalaya, West Bengal, India.
- For participating in the Webinar on “COVID-19 and the Assam Economy: Some concerns” organized by Department of Economics, Biswanath College on 26th June 2020.
- Has participated in the National Webinar on Mindset Crafting & Quotients of Mentoring Pedagogy, Yoga & Covid-19 organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Tezpur College on 21st June, 2020.
- Has participated in a National Level Webinar presented by Dr. Viraj Kumar, Visiting Professor, Divecha Centre for Climate Change, IISc, Bangalore, titled “National Education Policy 2020 – A Review” on 14th August 2020, organised by Faculty Research Cell – Samshodhana, School of Commerce, JAIN(Deemed-to-be University), Bangalore.
- Conference proceeding: SCHE-DC19-LPIW/2020. ISBN-978-93-5407-920-7 International E Conference on “Strategies &Challenges in Higher Education during Covid-19 Lockdown Period in India with reference to World” on 15th to 17th May, 2020 on the topic “A Study about online Teaching-Learning in the field of Higher Education at the time of Covid-19 with special reference to Assam”.
Life membership: Life membership of Council for teacher Education Foundation since 2020 .
- Successfully coordinated the Online Faculty Development Programme on “Mentoring Pedagogy and Teaching for Higher Education” organized by E&ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati held from 25th February-03 March, 2021 in association with Biswanath College, Assam.
- Successfully coordinated the Online Mental Health Awareness programme on “আমাৰ “মনৰ” খবৰ লওঁ আহা: Addressing mental health concerns of the youth” organized by Education Department, Biswanath College on the occasion of World Mental Health Day that was held on 15th October, 2020