Admission to Biswanath College is purely on merit basis. Selection procedure is largely based on the performance of the student’s in his passed last examination. The policy of reservation of seats is strictly in accordance of Government rules.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND GENERAL RULES
- Photo-copies of self-attested marksheets are to be submitted with the Admission Form. But the original testimonials must be produced at the time of interview for admission.
- In the case of Break of studies, the ‘Gap Certificate’ from a magistrate verifying character and stating the reasons of inability for prosecuting studies during the gap period must be submitted with the Application Form for admission.
- Selection of the students for admission is normally done on the basis of the results of the last examination passed. The policy of the reservation of seats is strictly in accordance with the Govt norms.
- If selected, admission must be taken on the specified day.
- If any candidate fails to be present on the admission day owing to unavoidable reasons, his/her guardian/representative may take the admission, producing all the original testimonials. Otherwise, no claim for admission will be entertained later on.
- Fees mentioned in the prospectus are subject to revision from time to time.
- A Guardian’s declaration authorising the college authority to take action against his/her ward if he/ she violates the Rules and Regulations of the College must be enclosed in the application form for admission.
- The student seeking admission from the other states or universities must submit Migration certificate within 3(three) months from the date of their admission.
- The students are to note that as per Gauhati University norms a student is to attend 75% of classes held in a session to be eligible to appear at University Examinations.
- The students once getting admission into the college must strictly adhere to the rules of the college regarding the College-uniform so as prevent entrance of outsiders into the College campus during college hours.
- Students indiscipline in terms of ragging, teasing, misbehaving fellow-students or teachers is strictly prohibited.
- Active participation of all the students in academic enterprises like Seminars, Talks, Debate and Discourses, Symposium etc. is mandatory.
- Participation of all students in co-curricular activities of the College is compulsory.
- Smoking and use of alcohol & drugs within the College campus are strictly prohibited.
- Movements of vehicles within the College campus during the class hours are prohibited so as to maintain peace and discipline in all respects.
- Prior permission from the Principal must be obtained for holding all kinds of meetings or assemblage within the College campus so that the smooth functioning of the classes or office works may not be affected.
- It is compulsory for all students to sit for all Departmental, Terminal, Test, Annual Examinations of the college. Medical certificates are not entertained for promotion.
- Hostel facilities are available for female students only and seats are allotted to the applicants on merit basis only.
- Computer facility is also available for the students, if they genuinely seek for.
- Use of mobile phone inside the College campus strictly prohibited.
Documents (Original) required at the time of Admission
Original Marksheet and Provisional Certificate. (From the last Institution attended)
- Birth Certificate/HSLC Examination Admit Card.
- Migration Certificate from respective Board/Council by the applicant who passed from other than SEBA/AHSEC.
- Gap Certificate in original as the case may be.
- One copy recent Photograph (22x16mm)
- Caste Certificate (in case of Reserved Category)
- Certificate from Appropriate Authority for socially and educationally backward classes and other economically weaker sections.
- Certificate in support of EWS (Economically weaker sections)