After the completion of each semester, students get immense information about the subject. ASSAMESE honours course paves the way for the students not only to delve deeper into the prospects and richness of Assamese language and literature, but also into diverse aspects of life. In the process their perspective on life gets broadened. The students of ECONOMICS study the behavior of Indian and World economy. Students of EDUCATION can go for teaching in primary and high school, study special education courses, go for a counseling course and study development psychology courses. ENGLISH honours course enriches the students linguistically and intellectually. They get the opportunity to develop analytical skill and acquire command over the English language. General English course lays emphasis on speaking and presentation skills. Students are taught English communication which is required for jobs in the public sphere especially in the communication media and they can opt for journalism, mass communication, etc. HINDI gives the opportunity to the students to acquire command over Hindi language and delve deeper into Hindi literature. BODO gives the opportunity to the students to acquire command over Bodo language and delve deeper into Bodo literature. HISTORY courses are designed to create a sense of the past, in a more comprehensive manner, so that the students while having a more complete sense of the time under discussion can logically explain the facts presented. Students of PHILOSOPHY become well-versed in Indian Ethics such as Buddhist Ethics, Jain Ethics, Laws of Karma as preached by the Bhagwad Gita, Western Ethics, etc. Thus the course ensures the holistic development of the students who are the future citizens of the nation. POLITICAL SCIENCE course lays thrust upon the Indian Constitution, Indian Politics and Government, Political theory, public administration, and international relations. COMMERCE courses help students understand Accountancy, Auditing, develop entrepreneurial skill. CHEMISTRY course helps students know about fundamental and applied Chemistry. MATHEMATICS course provides advanced studies related to applied and pure mathematics. BCA paves the way for the students to get the proper orientation on computer applications which is the need of the hour. PHYSICS course helps to gain knowledge of the experimental aspects of modern physics, electrical, classical mechanics, optics, etc. BOTANY course gives knowledge about microbiology, biotechnology, plant taxonomy, plant biochemistry and ecology. The students of BOTANY will be able to identify major groups of plants and compare the characteristics of lower (e.g. algae and fungi) and higher (angiosperms and gymnosperms) plants. ZOOLOGY course helps students understand vertebrates, invertebrates, chordates, economic zoology, genetics, etc. All of the above are displayed on our college website.
Upon graduation, students in general will be able to:
- Exhibit understanding of broad subjective concepts and principles.
- To identify and define problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a skill based problem, isolate its key components, analyze and assess the salient issues, set appropriate criteria for decision making, and draw appropriate conclusions and implications for proposed solutions.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate techniques to effectively manage challenges of life.
- Capable of recognizing and resolving ethical issues.
- Effectively communicate issues, concepts, plans and decisions both in oral and written form using appropriate supportive technologies.
- Possess strong foundation for their higher studies.
- Blend analytical, logical and managerial skills with the technical aspects to resolve real world issues.
- Become employable in various and government and private jobs.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
BSc programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following specific outcomes:
- To acquire the knowledge with facts and figures related to various subjects in pure sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Statistics etc.
- To understand the basic concepts, fundamental principles, and the scientific theories related to various scientific phenomena and their relevancies in the day-to-day life.
- To acquire the skills in handling scientific instruments, planning and performing in laboratory experiments
- To provide skills of observations and drawing logical inferences from the scientific experiments.
- To analyse the given scientific data critically and systematically and the ability to draw the objective conclusions.
- To be able to think creatively (divergently and convergent) to propose novel ideas in explaining facts and figures or providing new solution to the problems.
- To realize how developments in any science subject helps in the development of other science subjects and vice-versa and how interdisciplinary approach helps in providing better solutions and new ideas for the sustainable development.
- To develop scientific outlook not only with respect to science subjects but also in all aspects related to life.
- To realize that knowledge of subjects in other faculties such as humanities, performing arts, social sciences etc. can have greatly and effectively influence which inspires in evolving new scientific theories and inventions.
- To imbibe ethical, moral and social values in personal and social life leading to highly cultured and civilizedpersonality.
- To develop various communication skills such as reading, listening, speaking, etc., which we will help in expressing ideas and views clearly and effectively.
- To realize that pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong activity and in combination with untiring efforts and positive attitude and other necessary qualities leads towards a successful life.
- To develop flair by participating in various social and cultural activities voluntarily, in order to spread knowledge, creating awareness about the social evils, blind faith, etc.
BA programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following specific outcomes:
- To acquire the knowledge with facts and figures concerned with the subjects such as History, Geography, Economics, Languages, etc.
- To understand the basic concepts, fundamental principles, and various theories in the above mentioned subjects.
- To realize the importance of literature in terms of aesthetic, mental, moral, intellectual development of an individual and accordingly of the society.
- To understand how issues in the social science get influenced by the literature and how the literature can provide solutions to the social issues.
- To gain the analytical ability to analyse the literature and social issues to appreciate the strength and to suggest the improvements for better results.
- To appreciate that social issues are no longer permanent and largely depend on the political and the economic changes.
- To convince himself/herself that the study of literature and social sciences are not only helpful to evolve better individual and better society but also helpful to make the life of an individual more happy and meaningful.
- To participate in various social and cultural activities voluntarily.
- To write articles, novels, stories to spread the messages of equality, nationality, social harmony and other human values.
- To emerge as a multifaceted personality who is self-dependent; earning his or her own bread and butter and also creating opportunities to doso.
- To realize that the pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong process and one can achieve the success only with untiring efforts and positive attitude.
- To develop various communication skills such as reading, listing, speaking and writing in students, which will help them in expressing their ideas and views clearly andeffectively.
BCom programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following specific outcomes:
- After completing 3 years (six semesters) for B.Com Honours Students would gain a through grounding in the fundamentals ofCommerce.
- The Commence focused curriculum offers a number of specialisation and practical exposures which would equip the student to face the modern day challenges in Commerce andBusiness.
- The all-inclusive outlook of the programme offers a number of value based and job oriented courses and ensures that Students are trained into up todate.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the progress learning of various tax issues and tax reforms related to Individual. Student will able to demonstrate knowledge in setting up a computerised set of AccountingBooks.
- Student will demonstrate progressive affective domain development of values, the role of Accounting in society andbusiness.
- Student will learn relevant Financial Accounting career skills, applying both Quantitative and Qualitative Knowledge to their future career inbusiness.
- Student will be able to prove proficiency with the ability to engage in competitive exams like CA, CS, CMA and othercourses.
- Student will be able to recognise features and roles of businessmen, entrepreneur, managers, consultant which will help learners to process and other soft skills and to react aptly when confronted with critical decisionmaking.
BCA programme has been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following specific outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and management inpractice.
- An ability to enhance not only comprehensive understanding of the theory but its application too in diverse field.
- The program prepares the young professional for a range of computer applications, computer organization, techniques of computer networking, software engineering-Commerce, Web Designing, Big Data, IOT, Python and Advance JAVA.
- An ability to design a computing system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability in multi-disciplinary teams with positive attitude.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- In order to enhance programming skills of the young IT professionals, the program has introduced the concept of project development in each language/technology learnt during semester.
- Use application of computers in Education such as distance learning, online examinations and online training resources.
- Use the application of data-mining techniques in financial analysis and higher education.
- Use application of algorithms in research and development.
- Pursue higher studies in the area of Computer Science/Applications