IQAC Initiatives 2015 – 2020
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) monitors efforts of the college towards excellence in different areas. It publishes ‘Journey’, college’s bulletin, every year. During last five years, IQAC organised the following academic events for teachers as well as students of the college for quality enhancement:
1. Organised workshop on “How to Prepare for a Challenging Future” on 23rd May, 2017.
2. Organised workshop on “Research Methodology and Research Projects” on 27th May, 2017.
3. Organised interactive programme on career prospects and challenges in the era of globalisation on 4th of August, 2017 with former additional chief secretary of Assam.
4. Organised workshop on “Preparation for Civil Services” on June 10th, 2017.
5. Organised interactive programme with Padmashree awardee Mr. Jadav Payeng was organised on November 10th, 2018 to which the students of the neighbouring institutes were invited.
6. Organised interactive programme on “How to Strive for Excellence” for female students on 22nd September, 2018.
7. Workshop on “Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)” for teachers and students on 7th June, 2019.
8. Organised two motivational programmes for the welfare of the students in collaboration with Kaziranga University.
9. Organised multi-disciplinary career counseling series on academics, entrepreneurship, competitive exams, management, skill development and social work in collaboration with IIC from August 20th to 25th, 2020.
10. Organised international Webinar on “Mahatma Gandhi and his Legacy” on 7th September, 2020, in which internationally acclaimed writer, former visiting professor of London School of Economics, Sahitya Akademi award winner, Padma Bhusan awardee Professor Ramachandra Guha participated as the resource person.
11. As part of the Initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology , Government of India, a one week online FDP on the topic “Mentoring Pedagogy and Teaching for Higher Education” from 25th Feb-3rd March, 2021 was organized by Electronics & ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati, Assam in association with IQAC of Biswanath College.
12. IQAC makes every arrangement to make the College campus eco-friendly, and, particularly, to make the College campus plastic free in full cooperation with teachers, students and office employees. It helped in organizing the 3rd annual meeting of Alumni Association of Biswanath College on 3rd January, 2019.
13. As part of community extension programme, the teachers’ unit of the college organised an outreach initiative Kitaap Porhu Ahaa (Let’s Read Books) in collaboration with IQAC and Sonitpur zone of ACTA on 28th September, 2018, at Hareswar Gowala M. E. School.
Measures and strategies to be implemented for quality assurance are regularly discussed in the IQAC meetings. Two examples of such practices implemented as quality enhancement measures are Advance Action Planning and Students’ Satisfaction Survey on overall college’s performance. IQAC gets both academic audit and green audit of the college done by external audit peer team. It has already submitted AQARs for five years (2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19) and IIQA to NAAC. IQAC works methodically to submit the SSR of the college to NAAC within the stipulated time for assessment and accreditation of the college.