Department of History
Date of Joining: 11/02/2003
Area of Specialization: Art and architecture of Ancient India
Academic achievements (Graduation onwards):
|Name of degree||Year of award||Name of the awarding authority|
|M.Phil.||2007||Madurai Kamaraj University|
|Others: French Certificate Course||1994||Gauhati University|
Teaching experience at UG/PG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Biswanath CollegeUG||18 years||11 Feb 2003 (Sanctioned)|
|Biswanath CollegeUG||9 years||11 Feb 1994 (Non-Sanctioned)|
|Name of the committee||Position held||Institute||Duration|
|Presiding officer||Presiding Officer||Panchayat Election||One Day|
|Presiding officer||Presiding Officer||General Election||One Day|
|Gunutsov||External Evaluator||Engti Chang School||Two Days|
|Seminar||Coordinator||Biswanath College||2012 and 2020|
|Women cell A.C.T.A||President||Biswanath College||5 years|
|Magazine Board||Incharge||Biswanath College, B.C.S.U||1 year|
|Debate and Discourse||Incharge||Biswanath College, B.C.S.U||1 year|
|Biswanath College Student Union||Incharge||A.G.S||2years|
|IQAC||Assistant Coordinator||Biswanath College||1year|
|National webinar Department of History||Coordinator||Department of History,Biswanath College|
Member to the academic/professional bodies:
|Name of the body||Position held||Years in service|
|North East Historical Association||Member||life long|
|Admission Board Biswanath College||Member||2009 to 2020|
|Women Cell Biswanath College||President||5 years|
|Member of women grievance cell||Member||2014|
|Biswanath College Election Commission||Member||3 years|
|Value educational Cell||Member||6 years|
|Examination Board||Supervisor||1 year|
|Discipline Committee||Member||1 year|
Professional training programs attended:
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Orientation Course||26 Days||Academic Staff College, Jawaharlal Nehru University||2006|
|Refresher Course||25 Days||Academic Staff College, Gauhati University||2009|
|Refresher Course||25 Days||Academic Staff College, N.E.H.U||2013|
|Refresher Course||25 Days||Academic Staff College, Gauhati University||2014|
|Short Term Course||7 Days||H.R.D University of North Bengal||2018|
|Certificate Course on Digital teaching techniques||6 Days||ICT Academy||JUN 2020|
|Online FDP||7 Days||Dibrugarh University||AUG 2020|
Area of research interest: North-east cultural studies, educational development of different communities, studies of monuments.
1.UGC sponsored National Seminar on Human rights and values in education ,Tezpur University,19th and 20th oct,2006.
2.UGC sponsored National seminar on Spatial Planning for Rural Development and state policies in context of Global Economy with reference to NorthEast India,21thand 23th june2007,T.H.B College.
3. Globalisation and its impact on Ethnic Studies and modern Indian languages,5th and 6th sept,2008,Biswanath College.
4.International Conference on Blending Education,Science and Spiritual,By Council for teacher Education,Assam Chapter, Srimanta Sankardeva Kalashetra,Guwahati,Assam,India.
5. UGC sponsored National Seminar on Philosophy, Society and Values, 29th & 30th Dec,2010, Biswanath College.
6. UGC sponsored workshop on Techniques of Teaching in Higher Education,30th june 2010, Biswanath College.
7. UGC sponsored National Seminar on Rural Development in North East India,11th and 12th -Nov,2011T.H.B.College.
8. UGC sponsored one day workshop on competence building of Teachers and Employees cell,19thAugust,2011,Biswanath College .
9. Post Independence National Seminar on National Integration and Ethnic Groups of Assam:A post Independence review,14th and 15th june,2012,Biswanath College.
10. One Day Conference On Health Awareness Programme,ACTA,!^th Feb,2012,Biswanath College.
11. One Day Workshop on Women Rights and legal protection cum self defence,ACTA,28thJune,2013,Biswanath College.
12. UGC sponsored National Seminar on Empowering workers in North Eastern India Challenges of Influx and Exodus,8thFeb,2014,LOKD College,Assam.
13.UGC sponsored National Seminar on Insurgency and its impact on socio-economic development of India with reference to the North-East,4th and 5th Nov, 2014 Kamargaon College.
14.. Webinar Various dimensions of history: In perspective of Medieval period held on 27th may to 31st may, 2020, Gautam Buddha University, greater Noida, U.P.
15. National Webinar on ICT enabled teaching, learning and evaluation of english language and literature, 05/06/2020, Noble College, Machilipatnam.
16. National Webinar on Time for Nature Appreciate and Protect Biodiversity,Biswanath College, 5th June 2020.
17.National Webinar on Covid 19 and Assam Economy:Some concerns ,Department of Economics, Biswanath College, 26th June 2020.
18. National webinar on changing phases of learning in higher education due to covid 19 pandemic and its effects on mental health and uncertainty among students conducted on 9th july,2020,biswanath college.
19. National webinar on use of digital platforms for education in india during covid 19 situation, Biswanath College,13th july,2020.
20. International Webinar on Food and History: Identity and Cultural Transactions,14th july,2020,Tezpur College.
21. National webinar on Rock cut Architectural Heritage of India,organized by INTACH,Kamrup chapter andPunaram Gogoi Memorial Museum and Research Centre,C.K.B.College,24th july 2020.
22. National Webinar organised by Assamese Department, Biswanath College, 19 Aug, 2020.
23. International Web line lecture series of Autonomous Council of India: The experiences of Assam, D.K.D College, in collaboration with ICHR, NERC, Guwahati, 15 Sep, 2020.
24. International Webinar on Mahatma Gandhi and his legacy by IQAC, Biswanath College, 7 Sep, 2020.
25.National webinar on Archaeological Anthropology, Pragjyotish College,August 02,2020.
26. National Webinar on a Historical outlook of North-East India, D.H.S.K College, 21 Aug, 2020.
27. National Seminar on Advances in Biodiversity and Traditional knowledge for Sustainable development, special reference to North-East India, Biswanath College, 10 & 11 Aug, 2020.
28. National Webinar series on 100 years of Non-Cooperation Movement of India, Chaiduar College, 14 Aug, 2020.
29. Multidisciplinary Career Counselling Web series for Skill Developement, IIC, Biswanath College, 24 Aug, 2020.
30. International Webinar on a Geographical Perspective of Populations in SAARC Countries with special reference to India and Nepal, Biswanath College, 28 Aug, 2020.
31. National Webinar on the ‘International’ as a gendered space: A Conversation, History Department, Biswanath College, 31 Aug, 2020.
32. International Webinar on Incredible India: A Melting Pot of Diversity, Km. Mayawati Govt. Girls P.G. College, Badalpur, U.P, India, 16 Jun, 2020.
1. Identity Crisis of the Ethnic Groups in Assam, published in Proceedings, UGC-sponsored National Seminar on National Integration and Ethnic groups of Assam a post Independence review. ,,ISBN: 978-81-928042-0-0, 2012.
2. Women with her New Ideas, published in Mezangkari multi disciplinary Biennial Bilingual National Research Journal. ISSN 2278-604X, 2014.
3. Dilemmas of Objectivity in History Writing: its Use and Abuse, published in Historia, Tezpur College, ISBN 978-93-85123-03-0, 2015.
4. Value Based Education, published in Mezangkari multi disciplinary Biennial Bilingual National Research Journal, ISSN 2278-604X, 2015.
5. Impact of Insurgency on National Integration and Brotherhood, ISBN 978-81-7213-307-8, 2017.
6. Trade Routes of Ancient Assam, ISSN 2278-604X, 2017.Mezangkari
7. Assam Through the Eyes of Foreigners, ISBN 978-93-85123-27-6, 2017.Mezangkari
8. Educational status of the Nepali community in Behali:A study,peer review journal,Published in Hojai College Women’s Cell,Hojai College.ISSN 2349-5308,2018
Any other information
Conducting Exams of Gauhati University,Supervising departmental wall magazine, Being guide of departmental field study and excursion, taking active part in student cultural procession,setting question paper for Madhavdeb University,Departmental sessional exam,resource person in Political Science department.