Dr. Arun Chaliha
Department of Mathematics
Date of Joining: 31/10/1998
Area of Specialization: FLUID DYNAMICS AND RELATIVITY
Academic achievements (Graduation onwards):
|Name of degree||Year of Award||Name of the awarding authority|
Teaching experience at UG/PG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Name of the committee||Position held||Institute||Duration|
|Governing Body Biswanath College Approved by DHE, Assam||Head of the Department||Biswanth College||01/02/2016 to 31/01/2019|
|Biswanath College Alumni Association||Joint Secretary||Biswanath College||05/04/2015 to till today|
Member to the academic/professional bodies:
|Name of the body||Position held||Years in service|
|Governing Body Biswanath College||Member (T.R.)||One Year (26/05/2016 t0 25/05/2017)|
|Assam Academy of Mathematics||Officer-in-Charge, Mathematics Olympiad ,Biswanath Chariali Branch||From 2005 to till date|
|Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.ED)||Member, Editorial Board||From July, 2018.|
|Assam Science Society||Life Member||From 2001|
Other academic/research achievements: Executive Member, AAM
IT skills: Yes
Experience of handling sophisticated instruments: MATHEMATICA
- Effects of mass transfer and heat flux on convective flow past a moving vertical cylinder with chemical reaction. By R.K Deka and Arun Chaliha. International journal of Applied Physics and Mathematics vol.2 No. 4 July 2012
- Transient free convective flow past a moving vertical cylinder with constant mass flux. By R.K Deka and Arun Chaliha. International journal of mathematical Archive – 3(10), 2012 , ISSN.2229-5046
- Transient free convection flow past an accelerated vertical cylinder in a rotating fluid. By R.K Deka , A.Paul and A.Chaliha. Ains Shams engineering journal. Engineering Physics and Mathematics .Vol.5 Issue.2 (2014).
- Transient free convection flow past vertical cylinder with constant heat flux and mass transfer. By R.K.Deka, A. Paul and A. Chaliha. Ains Shams engineering journal. Engineering Physics and Mathematics. Vol.8 Issue.4(2017).
- Chemical reaction on heat and mass flux effects on transient free convective flow past a moving vertical cylinder . By A. Chaliha. Advances and Applications in fluid Mechanics. ISSN: 0973-4686, Accepted : February 12,2021
Training programme, workshop and paper presentation:
- Training Programme on Theroretical and Numerical Aspects of Ordinary Differential Equations. Dec 15-24, 2005. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. Dept. of Mathematics.
- ISI Workshop on Demography and Population Dynamics with Emphasis on Survey Sampling Methodologies. Oct. 26-28, 2006. Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University.
- National Conference on Frontiers in Mathematics-2011, Sept. 29-30, Dept. of Mathematics, Gauhati University.
- Assam Science Society, 57th Annual Technical Session. 16 March, 2012. Organised by Gauhati University.
- Certificate for Oral presentation. International Conference on Engineering Mathematics and Physics. June 16-17, 2012.
- UGC Sponsored, national seminar on Recent Trends in Mathematics & its Applications. Oct.7-8, 2013. Organised by Digboi College