Dr. Biswajit Sarmah
Assistant Professor & HoD
Department of Zoology
Date of Joining: 05/11/2016
Area of Specialization: Entomology
- Five Years Research experience in the field of Sericulture (Entomology).
- Worked as Research Assistant in the project “Downstream Impact Study of Lower Subansiri Hydro Electric Power Project”
List of Publications:
- Biodiversity and sustenance of sericulture in North East India. Diversity and Human Welfare; p. 321-329 (ISBN NO.-978-81-908517-0-1).
- Global warming and its impact on the productivity of Muga silkworm (Antheraea assamensis Helfer). The Bioscan; 1(special issue); p.199-209.(ISSN – 0973-7049).
- Effect of temperature on age-specific fecundity of the ladybird beetle Micraspis discolor (Fabricius). The Bioscan, 2(special issue); p. 523-528.(ISSN – 0973- 7049).
- Performance and characterization of Muga silkworm (Antheraea assamensis Helfer) germplasm accessions from different places Assam; Journal of Gauhati University Research Scholars’ Association; p.13-16. (ISSN – 2250-0456)
- Study on abundance of faunal diversity in Samarjan Wetland, Assam (India). Ne-Bio; Vol. 6, No. 3, p.25-28. (ISSN- 2278-2281)
- Rearing and grainage behaviour of different germplasm accessions of Muga Silkworm, Antheraea assamensis Helfer, in Assam(India). Indian Stream Research Journal; Vol.5 Issue-2, p.1-7. (ISSN: 2230-7850, Impact factor- 3.1560).
- Global climate change and its impact on the productivity of Muga silkworm (Antheraea assamensis Helfer) in Assam (India). European Academic Research Journal; Vol. III, Issue 11 / February 2016, p.12272-12284. (ISSN: 2286-4822, Impact Factor– 3.4546)
List of Book chapters:
- A comparative study on the effects of different host plants on cocoon parameters of Muga silkworm Antheraea assamensis Helfer. Agri-Boitech; p.104-112 (ISBN- 978-93-81563-15-1).
- Gander gap in Literacy- A study on Tea-tribe women of selected tea gardens of Biswanath Block, Sonitpur (Assam). Women in the North-eastern States- An exclusive study of the Issue of Women; p.280-289. (ISBN- 978-93- 82495-99-4).
Paper presented in National & International seminars:
- “19th All India National Zoology Congress” on Boidiversity and Human welfare in December-2008 at Gauhati University.
- National Seminar on Wetland and Livelyhood at J. N. College, Boko, Kamrup(Assam) during October 24th-25th, 2008
- International Conference on Energy, Environment and Development: from Stockholm to Copenhagen and beyond (ICEED-2010) at Sambalpur University, Orissa during December, 10-12, 2010.
- 57th Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society at Gauhati University in March-16, 2012.
- National Seminar on Climate Change and Bioresources at Tyagbir Hem Barua college, Jamugurihat, Sonit[ur (Assam) on 3rd & 4th August, 2012.
- Sensitization workshop for development of location specific R & D and demonstrative project projects for SC/ST dominated locations, organized by: College Development Council, GU and ASTEC on August 17th– 2012.
- National Seminar on “Recent trends in Bioresources management & Biodiversity Conservation” at Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar during October 17-19, 2013.
- International Seminar & 36th Indian Geographers Meet on Environmental Changes and Challenges: Local, Regional & Global Perspective at Gauhati University during 25-28th February, 2015.
- National Seminar on Problems and Prospect of Biodiversity Conservation and sustainable development in NE Region of India at udalguri College, B.T.A.D., Assam on June !8th & 19th-2015.
- National Seminar on “ Advances in Biodiversity and Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable Development: special reference to N. E. India” at Biswanath College on 10th & 11th August, 2020
Other activities: Working as an Coordinator of Environment & Climate cell, Biswanath College under ASTEC