Dr. Debashis Sarmah
Department of Physics
Date of Joining: -/-/2015
Area of Specialization: Electronics and Photonics
Academic achievements (B.Sc. onwards):
|Name of degree|
Name of the University
Area of specialization: Electronics and Photonics
Teaching experience at UG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Royal Group of Institutions||1||2014|
Member to the academic/professional bodies:
|Name of the body||Position held||Years in service|
|Assam Science Society||Life member||3|
|Board of studies, Dept. of Physics, JB College (Autonomous)||Member||4|
|UG CCS of Department of Physics, Gauhati University||Member||1|
Professional training programs attended :
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Faculty Development Programme on “Entrepreneurship: A Journey to the concepts”||14||Royal Group of Institutions & Institute of Entrepreneurship Development||2015|
|40th Orientation Programme||28||HRDC NEHU, Shillong||2017|
|Special Summer School on Basic Sciences and Technology||14||HRDC NEHU, Shillong||2019|
|FDP on “Behavioral Remodeling & Use of ICT Tools for Classroom Delivery of Tecahers”||07||Biswanath College of Agriculture & E&ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati||2019|
|Online FDP on “Moodle Learning Management System”||07||Tagore Institute of Engineering and Technology & Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay||2020|
|Online FDP on “Basics of R Programming”||07||Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh||2020|
|“41st online Short term course on E-content Development”||17||HRDC Gujrat University||2020|
Area of research interest:
- Research interest is focused on broadband microstrip antenna designs.
- Development of new materials that are to be used as substrates in microstrip antennas.
- Development of analytical software for numerical modeling of microwave system design using FDTD technique.
- Workshop on Nanosciencee and Technology at Tezpur University, 3-4 August, 2005.
- International Seminar on Frontiers in Polymer Science (POLY) at Guwahati, Assam, 1-3 November, 2007.
- Optical Society of India (OSI) Symposium at Tezpur University Dec 18-20, 2007.
- National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics at NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya, India, March 22-23, 2010.
- Possibilities of Electronic R&D and Applicationsin the North-East: One day meet amongst the stakeholders, Tezpur University, Sponsored by DIT-Govt. of India, July, 2011
- Indian Antenna week, Gangtok (India), Sponsored by IEEE- Kolkata chapter, May, 2012.
- International Conference on Communication and Electronic System Design (ICCESD), MNIT, Jaipur, 2013
- Seminar on Frontiers in Nanotechnology at Royal Group of Institutions, Guwahati, 16th November, 2013
- Debashis Sarmah, Juti R. Deka, Satyajib Bhattacharyya and Nidhi S. Bhattacharyya, “Study of LDPE/TiO2 and PS/TiO2 Composites as Potential Substrates for Microstrip Patch Antennas”, Journal of electronic materials, 39, 23592365, 2010.
- Debashis Sarmah, Satyajib Bhattacharyya and Nidhi S. Bhattacharyya, “Study of Graded Composite (LDPE/TiO2) Material as Substrate for Microstrip Patch Antenna in X-Band” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 20, 1845-1850, 2013.
- Debashis Sarmah, Satyajib Bhattacharyya, Nidhi S. Bhattacharyya and Jyoti P. Gogoi, “Study of LDPE/Al2O3 composite material as substrate for microstrip antenna” Proceedings of ICCESD 2013.
- J.P. Gogoi, S. Sarmah, D. Sarmah and N.S. Bhattacharyya, “Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4/ bamboo charcoal/titania LDPE composites as viable microwave absorbing materials” Proceedings of AEMC 2009.
- Debashis Sarmah “Composite Material as Substrate for Microstrip Antenna Application” Material Science and Nanomaterials Recent Advances and Applications, Global Publishing House (India), 2015. (Book Chapter)
- Sarmah D.,Bhattacharyya N.S.,Bhattacharyya S. and Sabhapandit P. “Full-Wave FDTD Analysis Of Rectangular Microstrip Antenna On Graded Composite Substrate”, Advances in Mathematics :Scientific Journal, 9, no.4,1577-1584, 2020.