Dr. Lalit Baruah
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Department of Physics
Date of Joining: 23/11/2013
Area of Specialization: Electronics
|Name of degree||Name of the University|
|BSc (Maj in Physics)||Dibrugarh University|
|MSc (Physics)||Dibrugarh University|
|M.Phil||Assam University, Silchar|
|SLET (NE region)||NE region, Assam|
|PhD||Assam University, Silchar|
Teaching experience at UG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
Member to the academic/professional bodies:
|Name of the body||Position held||Years in service|
|Assam Science Society||Life Member||2016|
Professional training programs attended :
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Designing Experimental Projects in Physics||15||Midnapore College, West Bengal.||2014|
|Orientation Course at Mizoram University||28||HRDC, Mizoram University, Mizoram||2015|
|Refresher Course at Saurastra University Rajkot, Gujarat||21||HRDC, Saurastra University Rajkot, Gujarat||2017|
|Faculty Enrichment Program||01||S M V & N V Sc College, Rajkot, Gujarat||2018|
|FDP on “Behavioral Remodeling & Use of ICT Tools for Classroom Delivery of Teachers”||07||Biswanath College of Agriculture & E&ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati||2019|
|Training program on Experimental Physics||21||IIC, Bangalore (Kudapura Campus)||2019|
|Faculty Development Program “ICT Tools for Faculty (Online Live FDP)”||05||ICT Academy||2020|
|Faculty Development Program “Communication Skills Faculty (Online Live FDP)”||05||ICT Academy||2020|
Area of research interest:
Development of new materials of Nanoparticles and their Electronics Properties
Research interest is focused on Swift Heavy Ion Irradiation of Nanopatricles.
- “Luminescence studies in swift heavy ion irradiated Cu Doped ZnTe Quantum Dots” L Baruah and S S Nath”, National Conference on Chemical Physics, Assam University Silchar, 20-21 March, 2017.
- “Electroluminescence from Copper doped Zinc Teluride Quantum Dots”; L Baruah and S S Nath “National Seminar on Recent Advances in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology” on 8th-9th September, 2016 NEHU, Shillong.
- “Synthesis of CdTe Quantum Dots in Liquid Paraffin and Their Fluorescence Study”; L Baruah and S S Nath”, National Seminar on Advances in Research in Physical Science, Cachar College (UGC), 25 March, 2013.
- “Fluorescence Study of CdTe Quantum Dots prepared in Liquid Paraffin”; L Baruah and S S Nath”, International Conference on Material Science (DST, DRDO, INSA, DAE & CSIR), Tripura University, 21 February, 2013.
- National Workshop on Application of Embedded System in Various Field of Electronics (TEQIP-II), NIT, Silchar, 28 September, 2012.
- Luminescence studies of 120 MeV Fe3+ ions Irradiated Cu Doped ZnTe Quantum Dots; Lalit, B. I. Sharma and Siddhartha S. Nath, International Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications, Vol. 11, Number 1, pp. 59-67, 2017.
- Green Luminescence of Copper doped ZnTe Quantum Dots; L. Baruah, B. I. Sharma & S. S. Nath, International Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications, Vol. 11, Number 3, pp. 247-253, 2017.
- ELECTROLUMINESCENCE FROM COPPER DOPED CdTe NANOCOMPOSITES; L. Baruah , B. I. Sharma , S. S. Nath, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 11, pp. 2368- 2371, July-2017.
- FLOURESCENCE OF SWIFT HEAVY ION IRRADIATED ZNTE:CU QUANTUM DOTS; Lalit Baruah, B. I. Sharma, Siddhartha S. Nath, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 8, pp. 1212- 1214, 2017.
- Fluorescence and Electroluminence of CdTe Nanocrystals for nano LEDs; L. Baruah , S. S. Nath, IJSDR, Vol. 2, Issue 7. Pp. 147-151, July 2017.
- Fluorescence of ZnTe Quantum Dots Prepared Through Chemical Route; Lalit Baruah, D.K. Avasthi, Siddhartha S. Nath. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology-Asia, Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. 45 – 48, 2014.
- Oleic acid–capped CdTe quantum dots and their applications as nano-LED; Lalit Baruah, Siddhartha S. Nath Emerging Material Research, Vol. 2 Issue 4, pp.186-190, May 25, 2015.
- The Characterization and Synthesis of CdTe Quantum Dots in Liquid Paraffin; Baruah L., Nath S. S., Bhattacharjee R .; J.Nanotech. Prog. Int. (JONPI), Vol. 4, issue 1, 2013.
- Size-Controlled Synthesis of CdS Quantum Dots in PVP Matrix; L. Baruah, S. S. Nath., Micro and Nanosystems, Vol. 4 , Issue 1, pp. 80 – 84, 2012.