Dr. Naresh Thakur
Associate Professor & HoD
Department of English
Date of Joining: 01/04/1998
Area of Specialization: Literatures in English
Academic achievements (Graduation onwards):
|Name of degree||Year of award||Name of the awarding authority|
|NET/SLET||NET-1997(June)||UGC, New Delhi|
Teaching experience at UG/PG level (in years): PG:10 months, UG: 24 Years
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Biswanath College||22 years||Since 01/04/1998|
|Jagiroad College||2 years 2 months 21 days||11/01/1996 to 31/3/1998|
|Tezpur University||2 Sems (took lien from Biswanath College)||01/30/200 to 31/12/2001|
|Biswanath College||4 Months 26 days as Tutor||16/08/1995 to 10/01/1996|
|Name of the committee||Position held||Institute||Duration|
|Department of English||Head||Biswanath College||01/02/2005 to 01/01/2013, 14/06/2014 to 25/05/2015, 18/01/2018 onwards|
|IDOL, GU||Coordinator||Biswanath College||(a) January 2002- August 2008 (b) 16.7.2019 onwards|
|IQAC||Coordinator||Biswanath College||Jan, 2012- June. 2013|
|IQAC||Joint Coordinator||Biswanath College||Dec 2002-Jan, 2012|
|KKHSOU||Member,Advisory Committee||Biswanath College||2005-2013|
|Golden Jubilee Celebration Committee||Office Secretary,Sub-Committee||Biswanath College||2009-2010|
|BCTU||Secretary||Biswanath College||19.2.2020 onwards|
|BCTU||Asstt Secretary||Biswanath College||2013-May, 2015|
|Academic Advisory Committee||Member||Biswanath College||2018-2019|
|Academic Affairs of the College||Special Officer||Biswanath College||2014-2015|
|UGC Cell||Coordinator||Biswanath College||(a)2012-2015, (b) 2019 onwards|
|AISHE||Coordinator||Biswanath College||For Reports of 2012 and 2013|
|RUSA||Coordinator||Biswanath College||2014—-May, 2015|
|Pay Revision Committee for Adhoc Employees||Member||Biswanath College||2018 & 2020 onwards|
|Prospectus Preparation Committee||Convenor||Biswanath College||2012—2015, 2019, 2020|
|BA admission Committee||Convenor||Biswanath College||2014, 2018, 2019|
|Time-Table Preparation Committee||Member from Arts Stream||Biswanath College||2010-2014, 2019 onwards|
|BCSU||Prof-in charge, Minor games||Biswanath College||2005|
|BCSU||Prof-in charge, Debate &Discourse||Biswanath College||2011 &2012|
|BCSU||Member, Magazine||Biswanath College||2005|
|Budget Committee||Member||Biswanath College||2020 onwards|
|Pension Committee||Member||Biswanath College||2021 onwards|
Other academic/research achievements: (a) Awarded UGC Teachers’ Fellowship for Pursuing PhD.
IT skills: Attended several FDP programmes on use of ICT in teaching.
Experience of handling sophisticated instruments: Have knowledge of using Language Laboratory.
Professional training programs attended:
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|FDP Programme on ICT Enhanced Teaching Learning and Creating MOOCs||08 Days||PMMMMNTT Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College & Shivaji College,University of Delhi||2020|
|FDP on Enhancing Psychological Skills For Teaching and Practice||15 Days||PMMMMNTT Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College & University of Delhi||2020|
|FDP on Online Teaching Tools||10 Days (10 Hours)||Hyderabad University||2020|
|International Level Online FDP on Gender Sensitization||7 Days (6.00 pm -9.00 pm. each day)||Barabazar Bikram Tudu Memorial College, Purulia, West Bengal,India||2020|
|One Week FDP on “Higher Education: Road Ahead, Developing Next Generation Academic Leaders”||7 Days||PMMMMNTT Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College , Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi.||Nov 25- Dec1, 2020|
|7 Days Online National Workshop On NAAC: Seven Assessment Criteia for Accrediatation||7 Days||Govt. Postgraduate College Bilaspur,Rampur (UP)||2 August-8 August, 2020|
|International Distinguished lecture series & FDP on Language and Literature||5 Days||Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata||8/9/2020 to 12/9/2020|
|Webinar Series on “ Critical Theories- Their Reach and Relevance in Research”||5 Days||Presidency College (Autonomous)Chennai,Ttamilnadu, India||5/8/2020 to 9/8/2020|
|ECLECTICS 2020: International Webinar Series in Literature||4 days||ST. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva, Kerela||18/8/2020 to 21/8/2020|
|5 Day International workshop on “Dilemmas of Difference: Perspectives in Gender, Body Politics and Ethics”||5 Days||Vasanta College for Women Rajghat Fort, Varanasi.||20-24 July, 2020.|
Area of research interest: Literatures in English
- Three-Day online International conclave on “Intrinsic and Instrumental Significance of Mahatma Gandhi for a Self-reliant India” 19, 20, 21 August, 2020, Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal.
- 2nd International Webinar on Positioning Migration Studies to Understand the Short and Long Term Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic, 10-11 Sept, 2020, organized jointly by Central University of Gujarat,BHU, JNU,IIPS-Mumbai and International Geographical Union, India.
- An International Web Lecture Series, 23/6/2020 to 25/6/2020 , organized by Dept of English, Barabazar Bikram Tudu Memorial College, West Bengal.
- Virtual International Conference ELT SUMMIT 2020 held on June 27& 28, 2020, organized by International Society for Educational Leadership.
- National Level E-conference on “Contemporary Trends in Literature” organized by Munger University, Bihar on July 11, 12 & 13, 2020.
- International webinar on “Revisiting Human Rights, Ethics and Environmental Studies”, organized by Ramanujan College, Delhi University on August 6 &7, 2020.
- National Webinar on “Modern Thoughts & Practices of Assamese Linguistic Study” organized by Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University, Assam, 1& 2 August,2020.
- 3 Day National Webinar Series on Post Covid-Literature &Languages, Organised by Dr C. V. Raman University, Kota, Bilaspur on 1, 2,3 July, 2020.
- Two day International Webinar on “ Teaching and Learning of English in Higher Educational Institutions in India: Challenges and Strategies” organized by Dhemaji Commerce College on 14 & 15 August.
- LSME Online International Conference on “ Role of management, Education and Social Sciences in responsible Reseach and Innovations: Challenges and realities” organized by London School of management Education from 19 to 20 August, 2020.
- AN International Webinar on “ Nationality, Social Inclusion and New Education Policy 2020” organized by Central University of Gujarat on Sept 8 & 9, 2020.
- (NAAC Sponsored National Workshop on “ Quality Assurance and Assessment in the Light of Revised Accrediation Framework of NAAC” organized by Chaiduar College, 1 &2 February, 2019.
- Webinar on One Year of the repeal of Article 370: Implications and Outcomes, organized by Ramanujan College on 5th August, 2020.
- One Day national Webinar on “How to excel in Higher Education in India in the light of NEP-2020” organized by SST College of Arts and Commerce, University of Mumbai, Mumbai on 26 Oct,2020 under the aegis of PMMMNTT.
- National Webinar on “Homage to Our Bapu: 150 Years of Gandhiji: Life and Philosophy organized by the Dept of EFL and Dept of French, EFLU, Shillong on 26/9/2020 & 2/10/2020.
- ”Webinar on Cultural Dialogue in South Asia and Beyond: Narratives, images and Community” organized by Jesus and mary College, Delhi University on June 30, 2020.
- International Webinar 150 Birth Anniversary of Mahamta Gandhi, Reflections from beyond the past and into the Future, organized by Tezpur University & Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland ,UK & Indain Community Centre, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK on 31 August, 2020.
- Naresh Thakur, “Soyinka’s Mockery of the Military Dictators in The Beautification of Area Boy”. Published in “The Criterion:An International Journal in English”, Vol. 8, Issue 1, ISSN – 0976-8165, 2017.
- Naresh Thakur, “Convergence of Traditional and Modern Culture in Wole Soyinka’s The Trials of Brother Jero and its Implication”. Published in “Shodh Prerak”, Vol. VI, Issue 2, 2016.
Any other information:
- Recipient of National Scholarship during Undergraduate Course
- Recipient of ME Scholarship during Class VIII to Class X.