Dr. Pratikshya Bezbaruah
Department of Physics
Date of Joining: -/-/2019
Area of Specialization: High Energy Physics
Academic achievements (B.Sc. onwards):
|Name of degree||Name of the University|
Teaching experience at UG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Tezpur University (Guest faculty)||1.5||2017|
|Assam Don Bosco University (Asst. Professor)||8 months||2019|
Other academic/research achievements:
- Adjudged as the ‘Best Science Graduate’(BSc.) of Nowgong College (Gauhati University rank 3rd) in the year 2012.
- Cleared State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), Assam (NE region) in the year 2015.
- Best Oral Presentation award on the topic “Longitudinal wave spectra in magnetized collisional dusty plasma” in the “National Seminar on Nonlinear and Complex Phenomena” organized by Jadavpur University 2020.
- Delivered talk (invited) on the topic “Plasma: A unique state of matter” in the Summer Research Training Program, 2020 organized by CSIR NEIST.
Professional training programs attended :
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Faculty Development program on “E-Learning Platform, 2020”||8||E and ICT Academy IITG in association with IQAC Arya Vidyapeeth College||2020|
|Course on “Learning Physics through Simple Experiments”||60||Center for Continuing Education, IIT Kanpur||2020|
|DST – SERB School on Plasma Theory||28||IASST, Guwahati (DST Institute)||2016|
Area of research interest: Laboratory Complex Plasma and Astrophysical Plasma.
(1) Presented paper on the topic “Collective Excitation of dust grains in 3D complex plasma” in the International e Conference on Plasma Theory and Simulation, 2020 organized by Guru Ghasidas Central University, Bilaspur (C.G.), India.
(2) Presented paper on the topic “Longitudinal wave spectra in magnetized collisional dusty plasma” in the National Seminar on Nonlinear and Complex Phenomena, 2020 organized by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India.
(3) Presented paper on the topic “Collisional effects on diffusion of dust grains in magnetized plasma” in 33rd National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, 2018 organized by PSSI in association with University of Delhi, Delhi.
(4) Presented paper on the topic “Structure formation of charged dust particles in presence of collisional streaming ions and magnetic field” in the International Conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas (ICPDP), 2017 organized by Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic (Central Europe).
(5) Presented paper on the topic “Role of Interaction Mechanism on structure formation in Complex plasma” in the National Conference on Hard and Soft Condensed Matter Physics (NCHSCMP), 2017 organized by Tezpur Central University. (Sponsored by UGC-SAP).
(6) Presented paper on the topic “Interaction Mechanisms in collisional complex plasma in presence of magnetic field” in CPP-IPR Silver Jubilee Symposium, 2016 organized by CPP-IPR (DAE Institute) sonitpur, Assam.
(7) Presented paper on the topic “Instability analysis of Electrostatic mode in highly magnetized Dusty plasma” in the 30th National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, 2015 organized by SINP, Kolkata.
(8) Presented paper on the topic “Role of radiation pressure on self-Diffusion of dust grains in proto planetary disk” in the International Conference on Interstellar Dust Molecules and Chemistry, 2014 organized by Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam and IUCAA, Pune.
(9) Presented paper on the topic ‘Plasma crystal formation and its phase behavior invoking dusty plasma parameters’ in the ‘National seminar on Recent Trends of Research in science and Technology’ 2014 organized by Assam Science Society, Guwahati, Assam.
- Participated in the Workshop on Linear Tokamak Divertor Simulators (WLTDS-2014) organized by CPP-IPR, Sonitpur, Assam.
- Participated in the Workshop on 2nd National Symposium on Nonlinear and Complex Phenomena (NSNCP-2015) organized by IASST, Guwahati.
- Delivered talk on the topic “Research in Theoretical Plasma Physics” in the Workshop on Basic Plasma Physics, 2020 organized by Assam Don Bosco University, India.
- Participated in the “Workshop on Computational Physics using Python” organized by Assam Don Bosco University, India on November 2019.
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah and Nilakshi Das, “Collisional effects on interaction potential in complex plasma in presence of magnetic field”, Physics of Plasmas 23(4), 043701 (2016); (DOI: 10.1063/1.4944917)
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah and Nilakshi Das, “Wake potential in 2D magnetized complex plasma” : Eur. Phys. J. D 71, 114 (2017); (DOI : 10.1140/epjd/e2017-70533-0 )
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah and Nilakshi Das, “Ion-Flow-Induced Excitation of Electrostatic Cyclotron Mode in Magnetized Dusty Plasma” : Plasma Physics Reports 44, 514 (2018); (DOI : 10.1134/S1063780X18050057)
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah and Nilakshi Das, “Anomalous transport of charged dust grains in a magnetized collisional plasma : A molecular dynamics study” : Phys. Plasmas 25, 053708 (2018) ; (DOI : 10.1063/1.5024828)
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah, Pritam Das, Prathana Borah and Nilakshi Das, “Jeans Instability of self-gravitating dust cloud in presence of effective electrostatic pressure” : Communications in Theoretical Physics 70, 209 (2018) ; (DOI : 10.1088/0253-6102/70/2/209).
- Pratikshya Bezbaruah, “A correlation of transport mechanism with phase behavior in a magnetized collisional dusty plasma”: Advances in Nuclear Physics and Condensed Matter ISBN 9789388881203, 125-134 (2020), EBH Publishers India.