Dr. Sunayana Goswami
Department of Zoology
Date of Joining: 02/03/2020
Area of Specialization: –
- Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Biswanath College, Biswanath Chariali from March 2020 to till date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Srikishan Sarda College, Hailakandi from July 2016 to February, 2020.
- Doctoral research experience for 7 years
- Post Doctoral research experience 2 years
Major & Minor projects (If any): Post Doctoral project
Title of the project – “Screening of Heavy Metal Phytoremediation Potential of Some Locally available Medicinal Plant Species in context to Localization Pattern of Metals in Different Plant Parts and Health Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in such Medicinal Plant Species”
Funding agency: DBT, Govt. of India.
List of Publications:
Research Papers Published in Peer-Reviewed International Journals (Nos-08)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S., 2018. Eichhornia crassipes mediated copper phytoremediation and its success using catfish bioassay. Chemosphere, 210, pp.440-448. (Impact Factor: 5.778) (ISSN: 0045-6535)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S., 2017. Screening of cadmium and copper phytoremediation ability of Tagetes erecta, using biochemical parameters and scanning electron microscopy–energy‐dispersive X‐ray microanalysis. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 9999, pp. 1-10. (Impact Factor: 3.152) (ISSN: 1552-8618)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S., 2016. Copper phytoremediation potential of Calandula officinalis L. and the role of antioxidant enzymes in metal tolerance. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, 126, pp.211-218. (Impact Factor: 4.872) (ISSN: 0147-6513)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S., 2015. A study on cadmium phytoremediation potential of Indian mustard, Brassica juncea. International journal of phytoremediation, 17(6), pp.583-588. (Impact Factor: 2.528) (ISSN: 1522-6514).
- Das, S. and Goswami, S., 2016. Copper phytoextraction by Salvinia cucullata: biochemical and morphological study. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, pp.1-9. (Impact Factor: 3.057) (ISSN: 1614-7499).
- Das, S., Goswami, S. and Talukdar, A.D., 2016. Physiological responses of water hyacinth, Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms, to cadmium and its phytoremediation potential. Turkish Journal of Biology, 40(1), pp.84-94. (Impact Factor: 0.762) (ISSN: 1300-0152).
- Das, S., Goswami, S. and Talukdar, A.D., 2014. A study on cadmium phytoremediation potential of water lettuce, Pistia stratiotes L. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 92(2), pp.169-174. (Impact Factor: 1.657) (ISSN: 1432-0800).
- Das, S., Goswami, S. and Das Talukdar, A., 2013. Copper Hyperaccumulating Plants from Barak Valley, South Assam, India For Phytoremediation. . International Journal of Toxicological and Pharmacological Research, 5 (1), 30-32. (ISSN: 0975-5160).
List of Book chapters:
- Goswami, S. and Das, S. Sustainable Use of Plant Based Technology for Soil and Water Remediation. Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development in India from Mittal Publications, New Delhi. 2020. (ISBN-81-947123-2-9)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S. Heavy metal phytoremediation potential of some wetland plants of Northeast India. Perspective on Biodiversity and Sustainable Development, Assam college teachers’ association. 2018. (ISBN: 978-81-93621-5-1)
- Goswami, S. and Das, S. Study of metal hyperaccumulators from brassicaceae family for phytoremediation purposes. Departments of Physics and chemistry, S.S.College, Hailakandi. 2013.
List of edited Books & Journals: Chemosensors & Biosensors, Glasstree Academic Publishing , USA (ISBN-978-1-71662-698-2)
Paper presented in National & International seminars:
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on International Conference on “Environmentally Sustainable Urban Ecosystems” from 24 to 26 Feb, 2012 held at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on National Seminar on “faunal Diversity and Ecophysiology” held during 28-29 Feb, 2012, organized at North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, India.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on International Conference on “Exploring Sub-Regional Cooperation in the Context of India-Bangladesh Relations: Society, History, Science and Culture” from 22-24 Jan, 2012, held at Assam University, Silchar, India.
- Got certificate for Participating National Conference on “Recent Trends in Biodiversity Researches” organized by Dept. of Life Science and Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, India from 16-18 March, 2009.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on International Conference on “Global Ecosystem, Biodiversity and Environmental Sustainability in the 21st Century” organized by Dept. of Ecology & Environmental Science, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, from 15-17 Feb. 2012.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on International Conference on “Biodiversity Conservation And Environmental Health” organized by Dept. of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, from 16-17 Mar. 2012.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on National Symposium on “Frontiers of Wetlands, Fishery Science And Aquaculture Research in the New Millennium (WETLAND-2012)” organized by Dept. of Life Science & Bioinformatics, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, from 21-22 Nov. 2012.
- Got certificate for Paper presentation on National Seminar on “Emerging Areas of Research & Development in Chemical & Physical Sciences in North-East India” organized by Dept. of Chemistry & Physics, Srikishan Sarda College, Hailakandi, Assam, from 16-18 Oct. 2012.
- Got certificate for 5 days Hands-on Training on “Use of Flow-Cytometer, PCR and Real Time PCR in Cancer Detection” from 5-9 Feb, 2012, organized by held at Assam University, Silchar, India.
- Got certificate for Participating National Workshop on “DNA Barcode of Life” conducted by Dept. Of Biotechnology, Assam University, Silchar on 7th April, 2009.
- Got certificate for Participating 3days National Workshop and Hands-on Training in “Modern Molecular Techniques in Biology” supported by DBT (CSIR), Govt. of India, from 25-27 April, 2012
- Qualified the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SLET) in Life Science, held on 2015.
- Awarded DBT-Research Associateship, Post Doctoral Fellow, 2018.