Mr. Homlal Pradhan
Department of History
Date of Joining: 03/11/2011
Area of specialization: OPEN
Academic achievements (Graduation onwards):
|Name of degree||Year of award||Name of the awarding authority|
|B.A.||2003||LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS)Chennai (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS)|
|M.A.||2005||LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS) Chennai (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS)|
|M.Phil.||2007||LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS) Chennai (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS)|
Teaching experience at UG/PG level (in years):
|Name of the Institute||Total no. of completed years in service||Year of Joining|
|Name of the committee||Position held||Institute||Duration|
|Election Commission||Presiding Officer||Panchayat Election||–|
|Election Commission||Presiding Officer||Assembly Election||–|
|Election Commission||Assembly Level Master Trainer(ALMT)||Assembly Election||–|
|Boys Common Room||Incharge||Biswanath College||–|
|IQAC||Assistant Coordinator||Biswanath College||–|
|National WebinarDepartment Of History||Coordinator||Department Of History, Biswanath College||–|
Member to the academic/professional bodies:
|Name of the body||Position held||Years in service|
|Admission Board, Biswanath College||Member||06 years|
|Minority Cell, Biswanath College||Member||1 and half years|
|EXAMINATION BOARD||Supervisor||01 year|
IT skills: Computer Knowledge
Professional training programs attended:
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Orientation Course||28 Days||Manipur University||1st Feb. to 28th February, 2014.|
|Refresher Course||20 Days||University of Burdwan||30th Jan. to 19th Febrauary, 2015.|
|Faculty Developmet Programme on “ Enhancing Psychological Skills For Teaching & Practice”||Two weeks||Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, Under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching||15 Sept. to 29 Sept. 2020.|
|One week FDP on “ Higher Education: Road Ahead Developing Next Generation academic Leaders”||One week||Under the Aegis of Ministry of Education , Department of Commerce & IQAC, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi||25 Nov. to Dec.01, 2020.|
- Participated in the ICSSR Sponsored Training Course in “Advanced Research Methodology and computer Applications in Social Science Research” held in during 10-19 September, 2003, organized by Department of Education, Doomdooma College, Tinsukia, Assam.
- Govt. Of Assam Civil Defence Awareness Training Camp/Exercise/Demonstration and Workshop Organized by Under Centrally Sponsored Scheme At Biswanath College, Chariali, In association With Deputy Controller Civil Defence Sonitpur, Tezpur, From 27th June to 30th June, 2015.
- One Day Workshop on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) Organized by IQAC, Biswanath College, Biswanath, Assam, held on 07th June 2019.
- National Institute of Public Co-operation & Child Development, Regional Centre, Guwahati. (Held on 23rd Oct. to 27th Oct., 2017.
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Rural Development: Issues and Strategies in India with Special Reference to North-East India held on 17th & 18th March, 2012.
- NAAC Sponsored National Workshop on Innovative and Effective Teaching Methods in Higher Education, Organized by THB College Jamugurihat, Sonitpur, Assam, held on 16th & 17th March, 2013.
- Participated as an Asstt. Co-ordinator in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on National Integration and Ethnic Groups of Assam: A Post Independence Review. Held on 14th & 15th June, 2012.
- One Day workshop on Women Rights and Legal Protection-Cum-Self Defence, Organized by Women Cell, A.C.T.A., Sonitpur Zone, held on 28th June, 2013.
- Attended Two Day I.C.H.R. Sponsored seminar on The Outbreak of 1857 with special reference to the Anti-British Rebellions that preceded it in South India, held on 30th & 31st July, 2007.
- One week FDP on “ Higher Education: Road Ahead Developing Next Generation academic Leaders”, Under the Aegis of Ministry of Education , Department of Commerce & IQAC, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, on 25 Nov. to Dec.01, 2020.
1. Participated in International webinar on “A Geographical perspective of population in SAARC Countries with special reference to India and Nepal”, organized by Dept. of Geography and supported by IQAC, Biswanath College on 28th Aug. 2020.
2. Participated in International webinar on “ Food and History: Identity and cultural Transactions organized by Dept. of History and IQAC CELL, Tezpur College on 14th July, 2020.
3. Participated in International webinar on “Measuring Economic Development: “Accounting for Natural Wealth”, organized by Dept. of geography in collaboration with IQAC CELL, Narangi Anchalik Mahavidylaya on 29th July, 2020.
4. Participated in International webinar on Pandemic and its Impact on the Education System and society: Way Forward and Challenges”, on 11th July, 2020
5. Participated in International Webinar on “Postmodernism and New Trends of literary criticism” organized by Dept. of Nepali in collaboration with IQAC CELL, Biswanath College, on 28th Aug.2020.
6. Participated in International webinar on “Socio-Economic Development and ethnic conflict: Narratives from North-East India” organized by IQAC, Biswanath college in collaboration with ACLA on 4th July, 2020.
7. Participated in International Web Conference On “Multidisciplinary Approach in Palliative Care” on 0-09-2020, organized by Dept. of Child and Health Nursing, VMCON, Karaikal.
8. Participated in International Web Conference On “Compassion and Medical Care for Patients with End Stage Disease”, on 10-09-2020, organized by Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing, VMCON, Karaikal.
9. Participated in International Web Conference On “Mahatma Gandhi and His Legacy” organized by IQAC Cell, Biswanath college 0n 7th Sept. 2020
10. Participated in National Seminar on “Advances in Biodiversity and Traditional knowledge for Sustainable Development: Special Reference to N.E. India”, Organized by Botany Department, Biswanath College, on 10th to 11th Aug. 2020
11. Participated in National Webinar on “Impact of covid-19 on Rural Economy of Assam, Organized by Dept. of Economics, Hatichong College, Nagaon, Assam, on 26th July, 2020
12. Participated in National Webinar on “Post Covid India and Scenario of Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities”, organized by Dept. of Education & Geography, Cinnamara College, Jorhat-Assam, on 1st Aug. 2020
13. Participated National Webinar on “Promoting Innovation Intellectual Property Rights and Start-Ups in Higher Education Institutions: Some Post Covid Concerns” on 5th Aug. 2020
14. Participated National Webinar on “Socio-Economic Advancement of Assamese Women: Problems and Challenges” organized by the Womens Studies and Research Centre in collaboration with IQAC Cell of Narangi Anchalik Mahavidala on 25th Jul, 2020
15. Participated National Webinar on “Use of Digital Platforms for Education in India during Covid-19 Situation”, organized by Dept. of Chemistry, Biswanath College, On 13th Jul, 2020
16. Participated National Webinar in Multidisciplinary Career Counseling Web Series on “Competitive Examination” Organized by IIC, Biswanath College on 23Aug. 2020
17. Participated National Webinar in Multidisciplinary Career Counseling Web Series on “Entrepreneurship” Organized by IIC, Biswanath College on 20Aug. 2020
18. Participated in Three Days National Workshop on “Managing Stress with yoga: Theory and Practices” Organised by Dept. of English, Digboi College, on 10th to 12th Aug. 2020
- HOMLAL PRADHAN, “A Study on the Programme of Rural Development in the North-East Region with Special Reference to Assam”, published in “Socio-Economic Development in North-East India: A Comprehensive Approach”, 2012.
- HOMLAL PRADHAN, “Government Policies for Political Empowerment of Women in Tamil Nadu: A Case Study”, published in “Scholars’ View, A Journal of Multidisciplinary Research”, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2013.
- HOMLAL PRADHAN, “Panchayatiraj System at Melakottaiyur Village in Tamil Nadu: A Case Study”, published in “Mezankari, Multidisciplinary Biennial B-Lingual National Research Journal”, published in “Mezankari, Multidisciplinary Biennial B-Lingual National Research Journal”, Vol. 1, 2012.
- HOMLAL PRADHAN, “Bhutanese Refugees”, published in “Mezankari, Multidisciplinary Biennial B-Lingual National Research Journal”, Vol. 2, 2013.