Ms. Deepjyoti Nath
M.A., M. Phil.
Department of Political Science
Date of Joining: 05/02/2018
Area of Specialization: Political Theory, Political Ecology, Public Administration in India
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS (GRADUATION ONWARDS):
|Name of Degree||Year of award||Name of the Awarding Authority|
|NET||2015||CBSE-UGC, New Delhi|
|M Phil||2016||JNU, Delhi|
|Ph.D (Pursuing)||—||JNU, Delhi (Pursuing)|
TEACHING EXPERIENCE AT UG/PG LEVEL
|Name of the Institute||Total No. of Completed Years in Service||Year of Joining|
|Biswanath College||3 Years||2018|
|Name of the committee||Position held||Institute||Duration|
|Biswanath College Institution’s Innovation Cell||President||Biswanath College||Two Years|
SEMINAR/ WORKSHOP CONDUCTED-
- Coordinator of International virtual seminar on “”Socio-Economic Development and Ethnic Conflict: Narratives from North-East India”.
- Coordinator of Multidisciplinary Career Counseling Series- Entrepreneurship organised by IIC, Biswanath College, 20 Aug, 2020.
- Coordinator of “Ideathon-A Competition of Innovative Business Ideas” in collaboration with Assam Startup-the Nest, Calcutta Innovation Park.
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMS ATTENDED
|Name of the program||Duration (in days)||Organizing Institute||Year|
|Social Science winter School||7 Days||Pondicherry University in collaboration with French National Research Institute||2018|
|Innovation Ambassador||3 Days||Ministry of Human Resource Development||2020|
|Faculty Induction Programme||30 Days||UGC-HRDC Pondicherry University||2021|
Area of research interest: Political Economy and Ecology
- Paper presented in UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Media and its socio-economic Impacts on The Present Society” organized by Department of Economics, Teok Chandra Kamal Borah College. The title of the paper is “Portrayal of Woman in Television-Commercials: An analysis from Gender Perspective”. The paper is published in the book “Media and Society”, ISBN number: 978-93- 82030-65-2, UNIKA PRAKASHAN.
- Paper presented in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Democracy, Human rights and Nation Building in India: Issues and challenges organized by Duliajan College. The title of the paper is “Good Governance and Right to Environment: A Critical Study of the Modern state intervention in the River-centric Assamese society.”
- Paper presented in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Bridging the gap: Mainstream Politics and the Identity Movement in North-east India. The title of the paper is “Nationalism in Postcolonial societies: Indian Nation Building and the hidden Issues of the Assam Movement.”
- Presented research paper titled “With or Without Agro-Chemicals “: Exploring Organic Farming and Agricultural Policies in Contemporary Assam” in ICSSR sponsored international Seminar on Environmental Degradation and Sustainable development: Local+Regional+Global” in GOSSAIGAON College dated 3rd, 4th and 5th February, 2020.
- Presented research paper titled “Hydropower And Sustainable Development: India’s Quest For Energy Security And The Lower Subansiri Hydro-Electric Project” in ASTEC sponsored National Seminar on “Advances in Bio-diversity and Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable development: Special Reference to NE India” in Biswanath College on 10th August and 11th August, 2020.
- Nath Deepjyoti, “Portrayal of Woman in Television-Commercials: An analysis from Gender Perspective”, Media and Society, ISBN number: 978-93-82030-65-2.
- Nath Deepjyoti, “Hydrocracy and Citizenship: Flood Control Policy in Brahmaputra Valley and Its Impact on Assamese Society”, Indus, ISSN number of the journal is 2347-8748, 2016.
- Nath Deepjyoti, “River ecology in The Post-colonial state: Colonial Anxiety and The Transformation of River-centric Human Lives in India”, Journal of Politics, an Annual publication of the Department of Political science, Dibrugarh University, ISSN-2277-5617, 2017.
- Nath Deepjyoti, “Colonial Hydraulic Intervention and its impact on the River Control Policy in Post-Independent India”, International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Literature (IMPACT: IJRHAL), ISSN (P)-2347-4564 ISSN(E)-2321-8878, August, 2017.