Ms. Rupjyoti Bharali
Department of Botany
Date of Joining: -/-/-
Area of Specialization: –
Pursuing Ph.D. at North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Title of thesis: Studies on comparative invasive ability of Ageratinaadenophora (Spreng.) R.M. King & H. Rob. and A. riparia (Regel) R.M. King & H. Rob.
|M. Phil (Botany)||Gauhati University||Gauhati University||2015|
|B. Ed||Gauhati University||Banikanta College of Teacher Education||2014|
|M. Sc (Botany)||Gauhati University||Gauhati University||2012|
|B. Sc (Botany)||Gauhati University||B. Borooah College||2010|
- Qualified GATE LIFE SCIENCE 2013.
- Qualified SLET NE REGION 2018.
Workshop conducted: 01
- Orientation Program: 01 (4 weeks)
- Faculty Development Programs: 02(2 weeks); 03(less than a week)
Webinar attended: 04 (national); 03 (international)
- Paper presentation in national seminar on “Advances in Biodiversity and traditional Knowledge for sustainable development: special reference to N.E. India”, held at Biswanath college, Assam from 10th – 11th August, 2020 on the topic entitled “Breeding system in Ageratinaadenophora and A. riparia, two invasive species in Meghalaya. RupjyotiBharali and Uma Shankar.
- Training Workshop on Leica Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope jointly organised by School of Life Sciences, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong& Leica Microsystems, India on April 18, 2019.
- National Seminar on “Advances in Structure and Functions of Plants” organised by Department of Botany, DBT Biotech Hub, NEHU, Shillong on May 30, 2018.
- International Symposium on Biodiversity and Biobanking, Biodiverse 2018, organised by Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Kamrup, Assam, India from January 27-29, 2018.
- Science Academics Lecture Workshop on Tropical Rain Forest Resources and their Conservation in India organized by the Department of Botany, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong from June 27-28, 2017.
- National Symposium on “Current trends in Research in Biotic Systems” organized by the Department of Botany, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong from June 29-30, 2017.
- One Day Poster Presentation Session on “Emerging Horizons in Life Sciences” organized by the Department of Botany, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong on March 23, 2017 under the DBT State Level Biotech Hub Programme.
- Internship on “Biomolecule profiling” (9th January 2017- 30th January 2017) organised by Guwahati Biotech Park, IIT Guwahati.
- “Training on Basics of Plant Identification and Nomenclature” organized by Eastern Regional Centre, Botanical Survey of India, Shillong from November 7–9, 2016.
- Short-term Course in Life Sciences (with special reference to Nano Science) organised by UGC HRDC, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong from 1-6th August, 2016.
- Short-term Course in SPSS organised by UGC HRDC, North-Eastern Hill University,Shillong from 27June -2nd July, 2016.
- India Biodiversity Portal- An innovative, participatory and open access biodiversity platform Launching and Training Workshop in collaboration with department of Botany, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya from September 23-25, 2015.
- Workshop on “Technological Empowerment of Women through the SoRF Scheme of DST in Collaboration with NASI” held on 30th June 2014, organized by NER Local Chapter at North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
- National Symposium on Himalayan Biodiversity: Prospects and Challenges from March 20 – 21, 2014, organized by the Center for Advance Studies in Botany, NEHU, Shillong.
Projects and publications
- M Phil. Dissertation: “Studies on morphology, foliar epidermis, leaf architecture and stem anatomy of the genusRauvolfiaLinnaeus (Apocynaceae).
- Bharali R. and Devi N. 2016. Comparative study on foliar micro-morphology of three species of the genus RauvolfiaL. of Assam, Northeast India. In (eds) Conserving Biological Diversity: A Multiscaled Approach. Edited by Mir, A.H and Bhat, N.A. ISBN 978-93-86138-00-2. pp 159-173.
- Bharali R. and Devi N. 2016. Taxonomic features and stem anatomy of three species of the genus Rauvolfia L. of Assam, Northeast India. In (eds) Conserving Biological Diversity: A Multiscaled Approach. Edited by Mir, A.H and Bhat, N.A. ISBN 978-93-86138-00-2. pp 341-352.
- Bharali. R and Uma Shankar. 2018. Chemical composition and phytotoxic effect of essential oils of Ageratina adenophora (Spreng.) R.M. King & H. Rob. and A. riparia (Regel) R.M. King & H. Rob. In Biodiverse Proceedings 2018.