Department Of Physics
The department of Physics was established in the year 1970. Major in Physics course in undergraduate level was introduced from the academic year 1984-85. First HoD of the department was Dr. Gagan Chandra Baruah. Since its inception, our department is successful in catering the academic needs of the students in greater region of old Sonitpur district.
The implementation of new CBCS curriculum at UG level has been introduced and the new education policy is going to be implemented, so, it’s a challenge for the teachers for academic preparations.
University Research Administration
Several independent labs, centers and institutes engage faculty and students from across the University.
School Research Sites
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Academics & Research
- Smart Business School Faculty & Research
- Smart College Undergraduate Research Initiatives
- Smart Divinity School Research and Special Programs
- Graduate School of Design Research
- Smart Graduate School of Education Faculty & Research
- Smart Law School Research Programs and Centers
- Smart Medical School Research
Smart Research at a Glance
- 2,118 faculty members
- 21 Nobel laureates
- 4 Pulitzer Prize winners
The Research Enterprise
- 5,300 externally sponsored projects
- $1.33 billion total budget
- About 2,000 postdoctoral scholars
- 18 independent labs, centers and institutes
- 9.3 million physical volumes
- 4 million e-books and audiovisual materials
- 300,000 rare or special books and 59 million pages of unpublished materials
- In 2014–15, Stanford received more than $95 million from 695 licensed technologies.
- Breakthrough inventions licensed by Stanford span medicine, engineering and the sciences.
- School entrepreneurs have created an estimated 39,900 companies and 5.4 million jobs since the 1930s.